Department Of Humanities & Applied Sciences
It’s first year department which proves to all new students what the college is & make them comfortable in the commencement of their college life .First year Department plays a key role for first year Students, Successful transition to higher learning at KCCOEMSR.
- Information Technology - 60
- Computer Engineering - 90
- Electronic and Telecommunication - 90
- Electronics - 60
- Year of Establishment: 2001
The First-Year Department at our institute will prepare students to become self-directed learners capable of authoring their own educational experiences
Our mission is to support the successful academic and social transition of new students. We will accomplish the mission through the following goals:
- Support Students during their academic period.
- Introduce first-year students to the institute’s resources, policies, procedures, and services in order to ease the transition to the new environment.
- Empower students to connect to the University community, explore opportunities, and become engaged in activities that support academic and personal growth.
- Provide support, communication, programming, and resources for the benefit of all first-year students.
- Preparing first-year students for a successful transition from high school to college.
Program Educational Objectives and Outcomes:
As we strive for excellence in our department and work towards final degree, academic activities, personal and career success will be enhanced by intellectual, interpersonal, and personal development. The following objectives and outcomes will help you to create a foundation for a successful future.
Intellectual and Cognitive Growth
- Develop intellectual curiosity about academic course content.
- Enhance written and oral communication.
- Learn new ways to solve problems.
- Examine assumptions critically.
- Engage in original/independent analysis.
- Develop mature interpersonal relationships with faculty, staff, and students.
- Appreciate diversity among people, cultures, and perspectives.
- Utilize campus resources.
- Participate in campus life.
- Identify personal and academic goals.
- Demonstrate responsibility, initiative and resilience.
- Develop strategies to manage priorities.
- Clarify personal values.
- Strengthen decision-making processes.
- Explore career paths.